Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Friday, May 14, 2010

"I spealed milk! I SPEALED MILK!"

Morgan spilled milk. This was yesterday. I yelled back for him to clean it up. He said, "It's a lot!" and I heard a drawer open. And I heard Caden enter the kitchen a minute later and tell him he was doing a good job. I never saw any mess of it later so I guess he did alright cleaning up after himself.

Life has kept us hopping. We've been on a couple of camping trips which were great fun. Brian, Tristen, Bryson and Caden met Grandpa Butch (or Gamma Butch as Morgan calls him) and Grandma Sue for another fishing trip in Oklahoma. They all had a great time, and Rookie Caden did awesome. He even outfished his older brothers.

The kids have Jiu Jitsu four times a week and they enjoy it a lot. We've got a tournament coming up at the end of the month which they are both excited and nervous for. And the kids have been doing really well on their homework. Halle has a tendency to lag...gotta keep a close eye on her. But she does keep the cleanest bedroom which does compensate in my mind. So, for the most part I keep pretty patient as I push her along. And she smirks her guilty little smirk at me as she pulls out a book and continues on.

Our garden is looking good. Planted some peppers and tomatoes last week because for some reason our seeds didn't come up this year. Cantaloupe looks great, so does the watermelon. Lettuce is up, so are the carrots. Murphy has ate ALL of my strawberries, and Hudson probably had a few too. And they tore up some of our cauliflower and smashed my zucchini. Okay, so aside from those little fiascos the garden looks pretty good.

Ah yes, Hudson. For those who don't know he is a Golden Retriever pup who showed up at our house a few weeks ago. I think it was around April 20th. He was very thin and I pulled over seventy, yes, 70 ticks off of him. No collar, no I.D., no lost ads that I could find, no response to my found ad. So we have ourselves a golden. He is very sweet and good natured. Lots of puppy energy, but good. He keeps Murphy company, and keeps him off his lazy butt. I try to keep him in the back yard because he's sprayed his urine a few times too many in the house. After we get him neutered he shouldn't feel the need to spread his scent here, there and everywhere. The Vet thinks he's been on his own a long time and thought we should let him adapt for a month or so before we neutered him. She figured it'd be good for him to learn the concept of home and family. Well, tick-tock the clock is ticking...time's just about up.

On another, similar note, I think Tristen has willed this lost dog into our lives. I've wanted a Newf for several years now, and we were planning on getting one this summer. Tristen's been asking for a Golden Retriever for quite some time, but I kept telling him no because I was getting my puppy. He wins. I'll wait on my Newf.

Anyways...my overall point of this post is that we keep busy. I try not to be too busy, I mean I homeschool and we're total homebodies, but I guess a family of seven plus two dogs just sort of has it's own kind of crazy chaos to it. That's alright. I try to enjoy the days, because it hasn't escaped my attention the speed at which it has all flown by. So I grin thru gritted teeth and try my best to bear the fact that there simply are not enough hours in a day to get done everything I should like to.

So cheers to everyone, all my friends and family. I think of you all more than you probably know, and hope that all is going well in your own busy lives.

2 comments:

  1. good thing caden was there to assist and give support

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously love how you just tell him to clean it up and he does :) cant wait to see you!

    kirst

    ReplyDelete