Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Morgan & His Homework

I'm scrubbing the tile in our shower and Morgan plops down on the floor with a pile of books, with his homework papers on top, and a pencil gripped in his hand. His first page is a partial dot-to-dot, which is George Washington's profile. I ask Morgan if he knows who it is?

"Umm..no." I tell him it's George Washington, the first President.

Morgan replies, "Oh! I know him, he's that guy that works."

"Works?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's that guy that's always at work. Helping people." Then Morgan is quiet for a moment and he asks, "Is he the guy that works at that laundry place." I have absolutely no idea what Morgan is talking about.

"You mean the laundry mat?" I ask, which we haven't been to since last winter when we were visiting/living in the cottage. Yes, that was what Morgan was talking about. Still don't see the connection because there wasn't anyone who worked at that laundry mat, and I haven't a clue what made Morgan think of it.

Caden piped in then and informed us that George Washington was honest and brave.

The next page is a profile of Abraham Lincoln. Again, I asked Morgan if he knew who it was, and then I told him. Morgan responded, "Oh, I was going to say that. Amberly Lincoln."


1 comment:

  1. You gotta love the 4 year old minds.
    He's a cutie and can't wait to see him and his long lost twin together again at the wedding!

    Are you going to Loretta's?

    Manda

    ReplyDelete