Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just thinking...

The kiddos are in Indiana bonding with the extended family as I focus my energy on the finishing touches to get the house on the market. I'm painting, patching, caulking, packing, and lots of that detailed cleaning. Like the dust on baseboard and the cobwebs behind furniture. You know, fun stuff. It's been productive, but the house has a sort of eerie quiet to it that's nearly impossible to shake. It's nice I suppose....to a degree. But just so unusual that it actually seems unnatural, if that makes sense. I think about the kids numerous times a day and wonder how they're doing and if they're having fun, which I'm sure they are. I miss their little voices, the laughter, just the presence of all seven of us together in the evening. And I miss the dogs, who are at my parents.

And Brian's in Michigan and Monday is his first day on the new job. Good luck hon! I'm sure you'll do great. Hopefully the house sells quickly and we can all head up to MI and start getting settled in up there. Preferably before winter, that would be so great.

Friends, do you know how much I loathe the process of moving? I curse in my head every....step....of....the....way. It's so much annoying work.

Yes. It's late, I'm tired, my legs hurt, my eyes burn, I'm venting here. But I hope we're done moving. We like Michigan and all it has to offer, and it's close to family. So, providing Brian has a job, we'll stay. I tease him that we'll be looking for our "Forever Home." He teases me back that we'll stay at least five years but I don't think his response is the least bit funny. My sense of humor waivers significantly on sensitive issues. Moving has become a sensitive issue.

'Nite all


2 comments:

  1. Hoping for your forever home and never moving again!! Michigan is awesome and I'm so excited for what's to come for you guys :)
    love, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am,
    Good Luck moving! I know what you mean when you say moving is not fun! I've been slowly moving these past couple of weeks and I hate it. Although I don't have a whole house and 5 kids to pack up, it still isn't fun.
    But ohhhh how excited I am to have you in Michigan!! Andersen and I could come and visit! That is if you would have us! Him and the boys would have so much fun! Good luck and be careful...hopefully we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete